Friday, January 23, 2009

7 months old

Can that be right? Is my son really 7 months old? Has it really been 7 months since I lived in the hospital and then met Brooks for the first time? Where is the time going?! Brooks is growing bigger everyday. He still doesn't really have any "chunk" to him. But - he is definitely growing. Here's some things that he is doing these days:

* He sits up extremely well
* Rolls over with ease
* Sleeps 11+ hours a night
* He eats carrots, green beans, applesauce, peaches, squash, rice cereal, and oatmeal. Although he's not much of a fan when it comes to bananas and avocados (we'll keep trying). And sweet potatoes seem to give him gas.
* He gets up on all fours
* He babbles using the /m/, /b/, /d/, and /p/ sounds mixed in with some vowels
* He likes to drink from my water bottle (or try at least)
* He throws temper tantrums when you take a "toy" away (by "toy" I mean my cell phone or something else that's not his)
* He's laughing more and more
* Peek-a-Boo is a fun game
* He's finally grown into appropriate size clothing (6-9 mos)

I throw in that last one because since birth, Brooks has always been in smaller sized clothes. At first the preemie clothes were even too big. Here's a picture of the outfit he came home in (premie) and a pair of p.j.'s that he's wearing now (6-9mos). I can hardly believe that he used to fit into that little outfit!

He was in newborn sized clothes for what seemed like forever!

And now he is wearing 6-9 mos. Here he is posing for his monthly chair picture in one of my favorite 6-9 mos outfit (thanks Lindsey):

1 comment:

cmf9ferrell said...

I can't believe he has grown that much! He is such a hansome little man! Love the Nike outfit!