Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pajama Playdate

While we were in Arlington, Brooks and I got to hang out with Cari and Parker.  I can't emphasize enough how much our friendship has changed and matured after having these little guys in our lives.  I still remember just being two silly junior high girls without a care in the world (well, except boys).  Now we are real adults...MOMS, even!  And sharing motherhood with my best friend is so precious.  I love that we live in Texas now and Brooks will grow up around his buddy, Parker, and I can be in driving distance to my best friend.
Anyways, Saturday morning I called over to Cari's and invited ourselves over for some playtime.  It was probably around 9:30 or 10:00 and we were all still in our P.J.'s (oh, how I love Saturday mornings).  I don't even think I put shoes on Brooks.  We just hoped in the car and headed over for a Pajama Playdate with Parker and Cari.  Cari and I just sat and laughed at the boys interacting together.  Parker would watch Brooks playing and just laugh.  And I was surprised at how much Brooks wanted to interact with Parker.  All he wanted to do was give him hugs.  Unfortunately, I still don't think he understands how little Parker is in comparison, so he would also try to lay down on Parker or ride him like a pony.  We were quick to correct him, of course.  It was a quick playdate because Brooks had to get home for lunch and Parker had to take a nap...but it was such a fun part of my weekend.



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

maybe the boys will be best friends like their mommas

cmf9ferrell said...

Aww this made me tear up!! SOOO sweet!! I am so glad our boys will be able to grow up together and be best buds! :) Love both of you!!